How can you protect your baby from wireless radiation?
You cannot control wireless radiation when you are out of your house. It is everywhere, think about all the restaurants, coffee shops, they all have WiFi. But when you are at home, you’re in full control of your own choices. In your own home, in your workplace, you have the choice what you are exposed to. Do you have mobile phones, laptops, tablets, WiFi or baby monitors? All of them are meaning wireless radiation. When you are expecting, your unborn child’s brain is in the most vulnerable stage. So what you can do?
The BabySafe Wireless Project showcased a study (Aldad, et al 2012) conducted at Yale University. It found that pregnant laboratory mice exposed to ordinary cell phone radiation produced offspring that were more hyperactive and had poorer memories compared to a control group that was not exposed. Dr. Hugh Taylor, Chair of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at Yale University School of Medicine and his team of researchers concluded that cell phone radiation had damaged neurons in the prefrontal cortex of the brain. The work of the Yale researchers followed a steady progression of scientific studies that demonstrated health and behavioral effects from wireless radiation. (Read more about the study: http://www.babysafeproject.org/the-science/)
The BabySafe Wireless Project is a joint initiative of two environmental health non-profit organizations, Grassroots Environmental Education and Environmental Health Trust. They are bringing physicians, scientists and educators together to help inform women about the risk that wireless radiation poses to pregnancy and to urge expectant mothers to limit their exposures.
How can you make sure that you protecting your baby as much as you can from wireless radiation?
First of all you should reduce your wireless exposure. The BabySafe Wireless Project gives you 10 examples how you can do that:
- Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body (e.g. in a pocket or bra).
- Avoid holding any wireless device against your body when in use.
- Use your cell phone on speaker setting or with an “air tube” headset.
- Avoid using your wireless device in cars, trains or elevators.
- Avoid cordless phones, especially where you sleep.
- Whenever possible, connect to the internet with wired cables.
- When using WiFi, connect only to download, then disconnect.
- Avoid prolonged or direct exposure to WiFi routers.
- Unplug your home WiFi router when not in use (e.g. at bedtime).
- Sleep as far away from wireless utility meters (i.e. “smart” meters) as possible.
The next step is to limit the wireless exposure around you. When you are walking on the street you cannot control, which shops, restaurants have WiFi connection, how many antennas you have around you. But here is what you can do: you can use the shielded belly band will helps to protect you during all the pregnancy period, ensuring a natural and safe baby development. With this comfortable belly band you make sure that you are protecting your unborn child as much as you can from wireless radiation. (Read more about the product: http://www.emr-guardian.com/solutions/clothing-accessories/belly-band/)